Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wader repair.
So a couple days ago went hunting and discovered I had a leak in my wader boot. Something at my private land spot put a clean one inch slice in the bottom of my left boot. I did a quick search online and tried RTV after drying the boot out and cleaning it up. No luck, as soon as I put them on and stepped on the first stick it ripped through the RTV and started leaking again. Anyone had this problem and have a reliable way to fix it? Of course the one year warrantyhas expired and Christmas is coming and i really dont have the cash to put out for new waders.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Are they neoprene? There is some stuff that comes in 2 tubes that you mix together that is supposed to be good. Breathable waders have a patch that you use for them. Only bad part is if they are in a seam. Then almost impossible to fix. All else I would still try the manufacturer, never know.
Thanks given by:
They are neoprene but the leak is in the sole of the rubber boot. They have a steel shank but the outer layer of rubber is sliced. Heres a pic of the original leak and repair with RTV that didnt work.[Image: 93ad48cf5fe23c86510e51f275519aac.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Hate to say it but doubt you'll fix that. That part of the boot flexes to much
Thanks given by:
Shoe goo is flexible and might work or some high end outdoor flexible caulk inside and out might buy you some trips. Could try melting with a torch as a last resort i guess too.
Thanks given by:
Btw...Super glue works too for a few hours in a pinch.
Thanks given by:
If you can pull out the insoles and toll them down far enough I would super glue the inside and then use some Shoe Goo over the super glue. Figure the super glue will get down in the crack better. Then I would do the same thing on the outside. Don't know if it will work or not but worth a shot. I would just attack it from both sides if possible
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
i'd fix the crack and buy a pair of those neoprene socks if the leak is slow. or you could always go full redneck and put your foot in a heavy duty contractor 4mil garbage bag then into the boot that will keep you dry up past your knee easy. have to use a couple of those neoprene pants holders hooked together to hold the bag above your ankle but i can see that working.
Thanks given by:
Ha. Love those redneck fixes. I send my kids out every winter with bags over there feet inside their shoes for the snow but never ever thought to do it myself on wader leaks. Derr.... Will have to remember for the next slow leak.
Thanks given by:
Its a slow leak so im gonna try the superglue with some marine sealant over that and then just put a trashbag on that foot just in case. Ive been dropping hints around the gouse so maybe santa will bring me some new ones lol. Thanks for the help guys

Thanks given by: