Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wader repair.
(12-07-2018, 09:09 AM)WildBill Wrote: Its a slow leak so im gonna try the superglue with some marine sealant over that and then just put a trashbag on that foot just in case. Ive been dropping hints around the gouse so maybe santa will bring me some new ones lol. Thanks for the help guys

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

for new ones i'd spend the money and go with the banded ones, I bought a pair 3 years ago and will never look back at neoprene, ease of movement is awesome you don't feel like the abominable snowman from rudolph like you do wearing neoprene waders.
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2018, 10:04 AM)67gt390fb Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 09:09 AM)WildBill Wrote: Its a slow leak so im gonna try the superglue with some marine sealant over that and then just put a trashbag on that foot just in case. Ive been dropping hints around the gouse so maybe santa will bring me some new ones lol. Thanks for the help guys

for new ones i'd spend the money and go with the banded ones, I bought a pair 3 years ago and will never look back at neoprene, ease of movement is awesome you don't feel like the abominable snowman from rudolph like you do wearing neoprene waders.

Do you ever use them in the swamp? I've been tempted to try a pair of breathables most recently this year but instead went with the Drake MSTs. Just worried about how the breathables would hold up in a briar thicket or when they get snagged on a sharp limp in the middle of the swamp. I know the neoprene will hold up against almost anything within reason for 3 or 4 seasons.
Thanks given by:
USIA is where my money will go. USIA are true custom waders. You can mail them a boot of your choose and they will attach it for youor they have standard options. Call them and they will take custom measurements and they also make standard sizes as well. 100% made in the USA. They aren't cheap but the workmanship is guaranteed for life and they will make repairs for cheap or free in some cases if you were to puncture them. I am on the last season for my Roger's tough man waders and my Cableas instinct breathables just sprung a leak. 

I doubt you will be able to do anything other than waste time and frustrate yourself trying to repair that boot. It is unfortunate.
Thanks given by:
Well, one way or another I think im gonna have to spend a little more money on my next pair. I caught these on sale at bass pro for 70 or 80 bucks and this is what i get. They dont have near enough insulation and apparently the soles dont hold up too well

Thanks given by:
(12-07-2018, 12:25 PM)bluefishnc Wrote:

Do you ever use them in the swamp?  I've been tempted to try a pair of breathables most recently this year but instead went with the Drake MSTs.  Just worried about how the breathables would hold up in a briar thicket or when they get snagged on a sharp limp in the middle of the swamp.  I know the neoprene will hold up against almost anything within reason for 3 or 4 seasons.
I don't do much walking through the swamp but have done some with no issues there are reinforcements like briar pants in the wear areas.  i too was a little leary until i talked to Brad at Greentop, he had a pair he had been using for several years and he hunts hard. there have been seasons where he has hunted every single day of both duck and goose season. He said he swears by them so i took him at his word.
Thanks given by:

X2. I have a pair a d will never go back. I've put mi e to the test. Lots of walking in swamps and nasty stuff to get to the swamp haha. Still 100% dry. Also they dont weigh much more than a pair of overalls
Thanks given by:
Bring them to the local boot and shoe repair guy. He might be able to re-sole them for you.

Or cut some soles out of old truck tires and yea, use Shoo-Goo all over it. Won't be pretty, but git 'er done!
Thanks given by:
Update: the shoe goo worked! I took the boot and bent it back as far as I could to open up the cut and started layering it on there. I took them out last Sunday and kept my feet in the water and no leaks. Thanks for the ideas guys. Hopefully they will hold for the rest of the season. Ive been looking into new ones for next year and im toen between the banded and drake waders. Both have about the same price and mixed reviews. I'm kinda leaning towards the banded bc I about died of heat stroke in my neoprene waders during the early season. Any input on wader quality would be greatly appreciated

Thanks given by:
Breathable waders are hit and miss.  They are easier to repair unless they leak on a seam. I have a pair of cabelas instinct breathables that are the best I have ever owned.  Just this year they leaked a little bit on a seam and I managed to repair them...sorta. They are no longer made, unfortunately...I should be bought two pairs when I got these.  I will never but neoprene waders again.  Banded has people that love them and people that hate them.  Look at gator waders, they are made in Louisiana and are much better quality and are about 30ish dollars less, their boots are a better design and the gaiters on the legs dont hang below the heel to get torn up while walking. I have never heard of anyone say anything bad about them.
Thanks given by: