Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oklahoma Whitetails and 6.5 Grendel
(01-03-2019, 09:26 PM)Carcass Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 06:16 PM)Squid Wrote: My cousin recovered my buck this morning. Thankful.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

great news! congratulations! now post a lot of pics!
This is him. [Image: d8315640605fee450fcecd35df9e4267.jpg][Image: 0afd5ba8d797a7563d7f9fdba5c44569.jpg]

Thanks given by:
how far away from where you shot him did he go?
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2019, 09:59 PM)Carcass Wrote: how far away from where you shot him did he go?
Where my cousin found him was over 400 yards from where I hit him. He ran East into the thick brush. I lost the trail going East. At some point he turned back to the North. He was over 400 yards North of where I trailed him. It's a miracle my cousin located him.

Thanks given by:
Glad you were able to recover the rack. Obviously a different buck from the trail cam pics. Where did you hit him?
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2019, 04:30 AM)Indian Run Wrote: Glad you were able to recover the rack. Obviously a different buck from the trail cam pics.  Where did you hit him?
Thank you. On closer look, I believe you are correct. The trail cam buck looks like a 10 point. My brother sent me the pics from his trail camera. I will have to ask him to check for the 8.

I hit the buck in the left shoulder, the arrow didn't make a clean pass. When he stood up, I could see the back of the arrow and fletchings. I think it's time to upgrade my archery equipment.
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2019, 04:30 AM)Indian Run Wrote: Glad you were able to recover the rack. Obviously a different buck from the trail cam pics.  Where did you hit him?
Well, the good news is the buck in the trail cam pics will be on my hit list for next year. Smile I will PCS transfer to Nebraska next year so hopefully I can get on the Whitetails in early season vice late season.

Unfortunately, I didn't draw a California Deer Tag in the lottery this year. so the only Deer hunting I was able to do was in Oklahoma.
Thanks given by:
Good luck with him next year. He should be a real stud.
Thanks given by: