Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first bobcat !
(02-20-2019, 11:00 AM)Thummy Wrote: Build a catch pole. They are easy to make and you can make it a comfortable length for you.  I have a couple posts in the trapping section with how I built my catch pole.

Really wish I had some places close enough to run a trap line or at least put out a couple traps.

So much fun putting in a set and then waiting to see if you got it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I may have to build one. I can't keep anything but yotes and skunks after end of month.

I am in trapping heaven here. I can walk out the back door and be in the RTV and drive all the areas I want to trap. I'm old enough now I don't even need a license anymore. Which is both good and bad ! LOL Actually I'm in good shape. I'm not on any meds and can walk fine so I'm blessed and taking advantage of it.  I can't do any real work here until March or so and the weather breaks. The xmas season is over Dec 25th so I have no obligations. My boss hasn't called me since Dec 20th or so ! Got to love that ! 

Still looking for a yote to make a mistake. I am going to try the caller tonight. There were no tracks in the snow from much of anything  this AM so they should be hungry and hopefully stupid tonight.
Thanks given by:
It is mating season so that should help.

Once you get a catch pole you can pin down an animal and put a pellet in the ear hole. No extra holes in them.

I used steel cable for mine. Cut the PVC to the length I wanted. Then about an inch up from the bottom I drilled a hole through one side just big enough for the cable. I fed the cable through the hole and out the bottom then used those crimps you smash with a hammer on the end. Pulled it back up into the PVC. I then put one on the outside of the hole also.

Then I ran the free end down around the end and up through the pipe. Get a cloths line tensioner for the end. Feed the line through the tensioner and then use a strong glue or apoxy to hold it in. The last thing I did was put a lawn mower pull handle on the end of my cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by: Galensymn
Very well done! I love bobcats. I have one mounted myself. I've been trying like heck to get one on camera this year but no luck.
Thanks given by:
Very nice Bobcat. Congrats.
Thanks given by: