Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gerber Gator Axe combo
I just purchased a Gerber axe from the exchange on post; wont get to use it here, but the thought was to have it come with the transportation shipment that leaves in March and arrives by the time i return to VA. As soon as i get home, i already have chores limed up which will put this through its paces.

There is mixed reviews on this set up; its a novel concept in my opinion. This has a synthetic (fiberglass) handle mated to a hardened stee blade of about 3 inches. This axe also has a hollow handle which conceals a small fixed blade knife, and it does come with a nylon sheath. Price on this was 39$ (no tax), under the MSRP of $45.

Based on my needs, this will primarily be a camping axe, or for light tree trimming/removal from the yard. Its size is comfortable to the hand, and seems like it will be a good hybrid of a hatchet and a full size axe. It has the width necessary to split wood, and the chopping ability of a hatchet. 

Gerber Gator Combo Axe

[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
i've looked at them and always worried about the handle in cold weather and hard use but for a camp hatchet it can't be but so bad. I picked up one of these to go with the full size version at the gun show a few years ago. https://www.gransforsbruk.com/en/product...orest-axe/
Thanks given by:
I think that for a hand axe, i wont be felling trees with it, so the fiberglass handle should hold up. I like the fact that it has a hidden knife, will make it easier to have a spare with me.
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by: