Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lever gun love
They don't get a lot of attention these days, but some of the most fond memories I have heard from other hunters have been about shouldering their father or grandfather's lever action 30-30 or .45-70 for the first time.

I came across this article on a new Marlin lever action, and though I've never owned one, I have to say this Marlin caught my eye.
[Image: 0718519A-C912-4D55-B742-DCF4E5D6DA21-660x191.jpeg]

Marlin Dark Series
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
If you really want one go find an older one. I have a 1976 Marlin 336 in 35 Remington. I also have a 2007 ish Marlin 1895G in 45-70 but that one belonged to PeterNap. Bought it from him several years ago

Now I need a 30-30 but waiting till I find an older one that is priced right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
Looked up some 1895s on PSA, and found this one: Marlin 1895 Palmetto State Armory
[Image: 7701-Marlin-Model-1895-45-70-Govt-Lever-...-70460.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not sure what the deal is with the Palmetto State Armory part of it. Here is basically the one I have. The lever loop is squared off.

https://www.marlinfirearms.com/lever-act...odel-1895g

Thanks given by:
I went to the article in the first post and they linked in their story to marlin lever guns on PSA for some reason. I think that the squared off lever is a nice touch.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I like it too. Nice touch for the guide gun. Peter had a peep sight on it when I got it from him. I really want to kill a hog with it. One thing he always said was when he got to feeling better he wanted to go kill a hog. I take it to GA with me every year since I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks given by:
My dad had a Winchester Model 88 in .243 cal. https://www.americanrifleman.org/article...-88-rifle/
When he passed away, it was willed to another family member. When i carried it hunting, i always felt like the Rifleman (tv show). I missed a groundhog with it once and never did shoot at a deer with it.
Thanks given by:
The old Winchester 92s and 94s hold a special place for me.  My grandfather bought many and several are still in the family.  The guns fit the purpose.  Where he hunted horses were often involved.  And, usually, the land cover was brush-ey.  Ideal for the short barrels.  I still have his '92 .44-40, 94 .32 WIN Spl, and a '94 30-30. I take them off the rack once a year just to savor the memories.
Thanks given by: