Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday Morning Large Male Coyote
This morning my son and I drove out to Woodland's in Imperial Valley. These first stand went down about 1am. We had multiple dogs eyes reflect but were unable to get a safe shot.

We decided to make one last on the way home. I opened with some Domestic K9 Puppy Whines. This big male Coyote responded to the call. At first, I thought it was a domestic Dog due to it's size. And it didn't run in like Coyotes do, He was limping going bush to bush to avoid the open areas. When he got to about 80 yards I overlayed the call with Domestic dog barks. He raised his head and I took the shot. DRT.

I don't know his weight but he was heavy. The rifle was 6.5 Grendel with 120 grain Barnes TSX. The call was Convergesnt Bullet HP.
[Image: 23c640af1597a838d6da69b64ab6f851.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2019, 12:02 PM)Squid Wrote: This morning my son and I drove out to Woodland's in Imperial Valley. These first stand went down about 1am. We had multiple dogs eyes reflect but were unable to get a safe shot.

We decided to make one last on the way home. I opened with some Domestic K9 Puppy Whines. This big male Coyote responded to the call. At first, I thought it was a domestic Dog due to it's size. And it didn't run in like Coyotes do, He was limping going bush to bush to avoid the open areas. When he got to about 80 yards I overlayed the call with Domestic dog barks. He raised his head and I took the shot. DRT.

I don't know his weight but he was heavy. The rifle was 6.5 Grendel with 120 grain Barnes TSX. The call was Convergesnt Bullet HP.
[Image: 23c640af1597a838d6da69b64ab6f851.jpg]
Very nice work!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
excellent. congrats.
Thanks given by:
Sweet! Keep up the good work
Thanks given by:
Good shooting!
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by: