Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'2nd amendment audit'
Interesting video i happened upon while surfing youtube. I thought it'd make a good conversation starter so feel free to chime in with your perspective on it.

Citizen (this is not in VA) open carries a pistol that resembles a rifle to a public park to 'test' the police response and educate people on the difference between a legal pistol versus an illegal rifle.

Thanks given by:
I think that doing these kinds of “education for LEOs” is a less than smart endeavor. I think that advocacy groups may have a bit more success with local police force 2A education than an individual joe hoping to have a gotcha moment captured on film.

That said, nothing the guy on film did was wrong. He complied with instructed, was courteous to the officers, and explained his position articulately. Not the way I would have done it, but the efficacy of this encounter will only be shown when and how the officers respond to the next call they receive (without the knowledge of the subject’s intent beforehand).
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
Well I give a lot of credit to the officers. They handled that really well. They have NO idea what they are rolling up on other than that there is a man with a gun (rifle).

I am a gun person as are many of the folks around here and I will tell you I don't know everything about every gun. From a distance that would sure look like a rifle to someone. I don't have any issue with the officers not knowing 100% (of the top of their heads) what made it not a short barreled rifle vs it being an AR pistol. At leas they took the time to talk with the guy and look up the information.

I had 2 officers roll up on my while I was hunting. I was hunting a small property in Fairfax County and I could see my truck from my stand. They were parked there because some neighbor called. They were could tell from my truck I was hunting, but neither knew if it was still hunting season or not as it was the late urban season. They didn't want to ruin my hunt and were trying to figure out how to clear the call with out bothering me. I saw them sitting there and figured they would be coming down to me soon. I packed up and walked out. It saved a lot of hassle. I didn't want them standing around my stand either. Plus I had my written permission to be on the property in the door of the truck. Thing is that police officers can't know everything and by being cool with them they will be cool with you.

So back to this guy....I get he has a right to do it, but not something you would see me doing. Sometimes even if you have the right to do something doesn't mean you should do it.
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
thummy, i often will leave a note on the dash of my truck with my name and cell # asking people to text me if there are any issues with my truck. that way, hopefully, i can resolve any issues through texts rather than leaving the stand. just an idea.
Thanks given by:
(07-15-2019, 11:45 AM)Carcass Wrote: thummy, i often will leave a note on the dash of my truck with my name and cell # asking people to text me if there are any issues with my truck.  that way, hopefully, i can resolve any issues through texts rather than leaving the stand.  just an idea.

That is a good idea, but I always parked on the property I am hunting on.  Typically this isn't an issue, but the guy owned a big vacant lot and I just parked off the side of the road on the edge of his field like he told me too.  I wont leave a paper with my number on the windshield because in NOVA you could end up with turds spreading your number all over because they are anti-hunting and well you know how the left is with doxing people and what not. 

I don't think these officers even got out of their vehicles.  One drove past and went down the road and turned around and stopped up near my vehicle.  I saw him drive down the road and come back.  I wasn't paying enough attention to see if he kept going.  Then the second one showed up.  They were parked facing opposite directions just behind my truck.  They told me they ran my plates and checked everything and I was all good to go.

Thanks given by:
since they interrupted your hunt, i would've asked if they could at least do a quick man-drive for ya. LOL
Thanks given by:
Yeah through the other properties around the one I was hunting. Just tell them to walk slow so the deer don’t run fast. Archery only county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks given by: