Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broadheads
I made the switch this year from fixed to mechanical broadheads.  I purchased the rage hypodermic.  I am curious about anyone else using them and their experience, and I really want to know if you practice with them and how they fly for you?  I threw some down range Saturday for my first time, and felt like they shot well overall.   Only a little drop at 30-40, and that's ok with me.  How is the performance at father ranges for you?  Out of about 15 shots I did have two fly in a way that sounded like they opened up, and those shots did not place well.

I have always said I want to stay fixed, less margin for error BUT after watching hunting shows.  To see what these broadheads can do in terms of damage is amazing.  I can't see how these pro would risk their reputations/jobs using equipment that didn't deliver.  And I lost a good buck last year with a shot that was only off by a half inch from taking out some lung, and wonder if I had been using a rage would that deer be in my freezer now.  

Anyway, any thoughts/inputs.  Again, really curious on how well they shoot in practice and I am curious about the higher ranges, 40-50 yrds

Thanks given by:
I use Grim Reapers. They are awesome and they come with a practice head in every pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
I use Grimm reapers as well with solid success so far

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Well fellas I appreciate that... but i'm not switchingWink Hoping someone who is on the hypodermics can share their experience.

I'll be shooting some more Rages this weekend, i'll burn up a few, and report back on it.

Thanks given by:
So just a follow up, and I almost feel like I am talking to myself here. But for future info if your curious. As they advertise, Rage hypodermic 100gr does fly like your fieldpoints. Three total rounds of shooting, probably 20 collars, two broadheads worn out and I'm convinced. Shot at ranges from 30-40-50, there was a slight drop at 40-50 but that didn't bother me any.

I feel like I am late to the Rage party, but is what it is. Zero issues on entry and exit, no malfunctions. Ready to see how they do this season.

Thanks given by:
I've been using hypodermics for a few years now. I have nevrr had any issues with them. Unbelievable blood trails on every deer I've shot with them. I have a bunch of their practice heads and they fly true with the real hypos and field points. I've shot them out to 50 yards.
Thanks given by:
(09-30-2019, 08:30 PM)DKennedy Wrote: I've been using hypodermics for a few years now. I have nevrr had any issues with them. Unbelievable blood trails on every deer I've shot with them. I have a bunch of their practice heads and they fly true with the real hypos and field points. I've shot them out to 50 yards.

*Insert thumbs up here*

Thanks given by: