Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food plot in the sky
Heard an idea this weekend that peaked my interest.  A guy on my lease with put tree food all around a few select white oaks that align with his hunting stand choices.  His thinking is it will make for a stronger, healthier, tree and better acorn harvest and maybe even better tasting acorns. 

Talk about a cheap, easy, and possibly genius idea!!

Thanks given by:
(10-14-2019, 01:03 PM)Bucksnort32 Wrote: Heard an idea this weekend that peaked my interest.  A guy on my lease with put tree food all around a few select white oaks that align with his hunting stand choices.  His thinking is it will make for a stronger, healthier, tree and better acorn harvest and maybe even better tasting acorns. 

believe me i have thought about it at the farm orchard, get everthing pruned back and fertilize the apple trees and the big persimmons there. should work with oaks as well
Thanks given by:
(10-14-2019, 03:14 PM)67gt390fb Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 01:03 PM)Bucksnort32 Wrote: Heard an idea this weekend that peaked my interest.  A guy on my lease with put tree food all around a few select white oaks that align with his hunting stand choices.  His thinking is it will make for a stronger, healthier, tree and better acorn harvest and maybe even better tasting acorns. 

believe me i have thought about it at the farm orchard, get everthing pruned back and fertilize the apple trees and the big persimmons there. should work with oaks as well

Absolutely!  Of course it will boost the health of the tree, I question the taste of them.  But a healthy tree is going to make for some good food for sure.  Lets put it into action!

Thanks given by:
Used to do back in New Jersey, used fertilizer spikes. Seemed to help
Vice President Peidmont Chapter NWTF, Proud member of NRA
Thanks given by: