Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rivers Edge ladder stand?
Anyone have any experience with the Rivers Edge Lockdown 21 foot 1-man ladder stand? I'm considering one of these for next season. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Zebco Pro-Staff rolling
Thanks given by:
I have a double and it is an excellent stand. Heavy though. I think it took 4 of us to put it up but we likely could ha s done it with 3.

It’s rock solid. Very stable and comfortable. I’ve had it up for two seasons now and I’m very pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by:
Also of note, I have three ladder stands and this one I think is the best. The other two are a 15’ Summit and then an 18’ X-Stand. The Rivers Rdge is hands down better in comfort, construction, and stability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by:
thanks. the lockdown 1-man is advertised that you can put it up by yourself and secure it to the tree before climbing it. also, the ladder pieces lock together without rattling. i like those features, which is why i'm leaning towards this brand. i have a summit viper climber that i love, but i have found myself sitting the same tree often. a ladder stand would make climbing the tree faster, quieter, and less impact to tearing the bark up.
Zebco Pro-Staff rolling
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2020, 03:29 PM)Carcass Wrote: thanks. the lockdown 1-man is advertised that you can put it up by yourself and secure it to the tree before climbing it. also, the ladder pieces lock together without rattling. i like those features, which is why i'm leaning towards this brand. i have a summit viper climber that i love, but i have found myself sitting the same tree often. a ladder stand would make climbing the tree faster, quieter, and less impact to tearing the bark up.

Im as fan of ladder stands. I like 15-18’ and brush them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bucks are easy - Thats why I shoot little ones!
Thanks given by:
the below item makes putting up even double wide stands a one man operation

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/...?a=1945968
Thanks given by:
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/...?a=1859987

I got this on sale before season for $179. They also gave a free harness - not the cheap one that comes with them but a better one. I sold it on Ebay for $30.

I put it up by myself with no problem.

I also got a Hunt Comfort FatBoy Ultra Premium GelCore Hunting Seat. Makes any stand an all day sit.
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2020, 12:56 AM)BiggBirdd Wrote: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/...?a=1859987

I got this on sale before season for $179. They also gave a free harness - not the cheap one that comes with them but a better one. I sold it on Ebay for $30.

I put it up by myself with no problem.

I also got a Hunt Comfort FatBoy Ultra Premium GelCore Hunting Seat. Makes any stand an all day sit.

So, I really think the quality of this stand is much less than the Rivers Edge lockdown. I have an X-stand and I would describe it as more rickety than my Rivers Edge. The Rivers Edge just feels so much more solid going up the ladder and definitely the floor when I stand and look around the tree. I am a big dude and that is important to me.

The X-Stand is comfortable sitting, but it definitely has more play and due to that makes a little more noise when I shift around looking in different directions or looking for a shot.

My Summit, although less comfortable, I think is a better made/more solid stand than the X-Stand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
the thing i don't like about either of those stands is the seat. those mesh seats will break down in a year or two and then what do you have?
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2020, 11:26 AM)67gt390fb Wrote: the thing i don't like about either of those stands is the seat. those mesh seats will break down in a year or two and then what do you have?

yes, i thought of that too. i wish the seat was removable and i could pack it in and out of the woods with me to prevent being left out in the weather 24/7. since that's not possible, i think i'll cover it with an old piece of waterproof canvas i have. that should help keep the rain, sun, and bird poop off of it and easily and quietly be rolled up out of the way when i go to use the stand. i think i'm gonna keep a tree umbrella with the stand too so i don't have to pack one in and out of the woods with me on rainy days.
Zebco Pro-Staff rolling
Thanks given by: