Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now what? Next year?
Wake me up when it's April Smile
Take me home county roads
Thanks given by:
All gear is packed up, stands will get pulled soon. Will start shed looking around March. But now it's time to get the kayaks ready for bass fishing!!
Thanks given by:
doing soil samples, got my round up ready alfalfa seed ordered. Getting sprayer set up, greasing equipment, etc, etc

Thanks given by:
Feeders for me. Gonna switch gears a little and set new stuff - resting the old for the year.

Looks like I may have an opening... and may want to trade a hunt... muley/goat/something diff... will know by end if month as my new partners wife is having baby end of June so he may be out this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bucks are easy - Thats why I shoot little ones!
Thanks given by:
I’m with Cadaver with hanging stand now. I have a big new property I hunted and got a pretty good bead on deer movement there after this season. I will be putting up some stands in the next couple weeks and keep running cameras through February. And oh yea, turkey season will be here before we know it. Hoping to hit 3 states this year.
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2020, 11:03 AM)Csniffen08 Wrote: All gear is packed up, stands will get pulled soon. Will start shed looking around March. But now it's time to get the kayaks ready for bass fishing!!

now you're talking my language, but i won't hit the water until spring gobbler is over.

i can't stay away from this tanning stuff. i finally got my bobcat almost finished (it's taking longer to dry than expected. i hope that's not a bad sign that i did something wrong. it's not stinking yet, so that's good.) the wife called me this morning and said a freshly killed beaver was on side of the road near our house. it was still really cold out this morning so i figured it may be worth a shot to get it and practice tanning with it. i called VDGIF and verified that it is legal for me to retrieve it and keep it. they gave me the thumbs up. i skinned it and again struggled with the fleshing step. i think the fact that i don't have a proper fleshing board and fleshing knife is my main problem. i cut several oops holes in it, but i got it done enough to go into the pickle solution. we'll see how it turns out. taxidermy is never going to be my trade as my projects look rather crappy, but i'm having fun learning.
Zebco Pro-Staff rolling
Thanks given by:
Haaaa! "The wife called me to say a freshly killed beaver was on the side of the road". That is a call my wife will never make. She must be a good sport Carcass.
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2020, 05:12 PM)bluefishnc Wrote: Haaaa! "The wife called me to say a freshly killed beaver was on the side of the road". That is a call my wife will never make. She must be a good sport Carcass.

Ha, It almost sounded like the beginning of a joke, didn't it?! LOL

Yep, she's pretty cool about my 'nature therapy.' I think it helps that her dad is a hunter too, so she was used to the lifestyle. when i caught my first citation largemouth, she beat me to calling the taxidermist. she's alright, even though she's a former yankee. (she didn't even know what a yankee was and that she was one until she moved down here.)

speaking of jokes, you ever hear this one about yankees?:

do you know what you call a northerner? A yankee.
what do you call a northerner that moves to virginia? A dang yankee.
what do you call a northerner that moves to virginia and marries a good ol' virginia boy? A gosh dang yankee.

LOL
Zebco Pro-Staff rolling
Thanks given by:
I'm going to make a few more pot calls over the next month as somehow 20+ isn't enough. Then I'm talking turkey!!!
Thanks given by: