Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the forum, active eager hunter
Hey everyone,

My name is John. I've been living in the Fairfax area since Aug, 2010 for school and work. I grew up on a couple different farms in Missouri and had a BLAST! I recall fondly my more rural years. I've been hunting on and off over the past 4-5 years down at CF Phelps and GR Thomson. I have plans to spread out even further and try Rapidan some day.

I don't typically hunt larger game like deer and bear. I have a small room I rent in the ground floor of a house and won't hunt something that I can't accommodate. As it happens, I rather enjoy small game hunting anyways and there is a lot to choose from. I like squirrel, rabbit, pheasant, quail, groundhog, and crow (when hunting crow, I mutter references to Game of Thrones, lol).

From what I can tell, Phelps is heavily hunted and wildlife is hard to find. The first time I went squirrel hunting with a friend at Thomson, we saw a few squirrels, but couldn't get a good shot. I'm looking to hunt some more before the end of small game hunting (Feb 29). It would be cool to get to know some of you fine folks and maybe even meet up together to hunt somewhere...

May your aim be true!
Thanks given by:
Welcome aboard- just missed the season’s posts for the most part. Stick around throughout the year and get to know everyone.
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Zebco Pro-Staff rolling
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by: