Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preserved the bobcat
After recently harvesting my first bobcat, the 'taxidermy fund' was empty so I chose to not have it mounted.  Not wanting to waste it, I tanned the hide myself (which I have never tried before) and did a euromount on the skull (with it biting down on the cartridge case from the shot that killed it) and also saved the claws.  

I temporarily put the skull and claws on a 2x4, but plan to eventually put it on an attractive wooden plaque instead.  As for the hide, with no body inside to give it shape, it looks a bit wonky.  I plan to hang it on a nail in the garage among my antlers, deer euromounts, turkey beards & spurs, and fox and coyote tails for visiting friends to see.  

Zebco Pro-Staff rolling
Thanks given by:

Zebco Pro-Staff rolling
Thanks given by:
Pretty cool carcass!
Thanks given by:
Really like that euro
Thanks given by:
You did a pretty nice job on that considering you never did that before. Those things are pretty rare if you don't trap, at least in my neck of the woods. I killed one with the bow and had a full body mount. Did you weigh it?
Thanks given by:
Awesome job Carcass. Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
(01-20-2020, 08:28 AM)Indian Run Wrote: You did a pretty nice job on that considering you never did that before.  Those things are pretty rare if you don't trap, at least in my neck of the woods.  I killed one with the bow and had a full body mount. Did you weigh it?

thanks fellas.

it was the only one i'd ever seen while hunting.

i did weigh it. it was 24.6 pounds. 35 inches from nose to tail tip. male.
Zebco Pro-Staff rolling
Thanks given by:
Looking good- the claws look intimidating
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: