Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Warden on my camera today
Just checked the food plot watcher camera card that I put out Sunday. (It takes a pic every 20 seconds, a Plotwatcher) Was seeing one or two doe and some turkey eating my crops then BAMMMM, at 1155am today mr. Green jeans walks into my plot, walks around, then looks at the 2x2 cage I put around a small section to see if the deer were using my plot. Don't think he saw the camera.

Any ideas what he was doing? Looking for bait? Would somebody have had to call him on me for him to show up? I've done nothing illegal. Just curious what y'all think. Can I call and ask them why he was on my property???
Any advice would be great...
Thanks given by:
Hmmmmm. I wonder if he got the location from your pictures that you posted? Idk man...but I would def want to know why he was on the property.
Thanks given by:
I'm not doing anything illegal. Just wondering if somebody called on me (neighbor or local hunt club) or how he was even alerted to my land. I don't want any attention on me, even though I'm completely legit. Still makes me uneasy....
Thanks given by:
(09-25-2013, 07:34 PM)Captainbeer Wrote: I'm not doing anything illegal. Just wondering if somebody called on me (neighbor or local hunt club) or how he was even alerted to my land. I don't want any attention on me, even though I'm completely legit. Still makes me uneasy....

I don't blame you bubba. If it were me I would Call tomorrow and try and find out what GW would have been out there and ask to meet him at your property. Find out why he was there snooping around.
Thanks given by:
Looking for bait in the cage most likely. Someone saw it and called him. They have a lot of snitches they let slide on something or the other.

I wouldn't call him. If you don't have any bait out, put a lock on your camera and see who else comes by.

Right now they're putting a shopping list together. He's looking for baited sites and will pay them another visit when the season starts.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
Why wouldn't you call??? I don't think it would be a bad idea to meet him..
Thanks given by:
(09-25-2013, 08:42 PM)TACdrop Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 08:34 PM)peternap Wrote: Looking for bait in the cage most likely. Someone saw it and called him. They have a lot of snitches they let slide on something or the other.

I wouldn't call him. If you don't have any bait out, put a lock on your camera and see who else comes by.

Right now they're putting a shopping list together. He's looking for baited sites and will pay them another visit when the season starts.

you think they pay these snitches??? grrrrr

No...usually someone he caught doing something.

Brandon, he can call but if the GW is worth his salt, he'll just give a BS answer like just responding to a complaint.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
Never know until you try I guess.
Thanks given by:
(09-25-2013, 08:56 PM)Brandon Wrote: Never know until you try I guess.

I'm gonna call him in the morning to strike up a chat. Curiosity is killing this cat.

I can't think of any reason for him to be out there.
Thanks given by:
also imply you caught him on multiple cameras to keep him honest, he might just be scouting out a place for opening day :LOL:
Thanks given by: