Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just when I thought I'd seen it all
After leaving the farm today, I was almost at Crewe. There's a fairly large graveyard off to the side where Lottie Moon is buried.
It isn't fenced and has an access road going across the front.

Well, there were 3 pickups equipped with dog boxes and tracking antennas parked along the graveyard on that access road and 5 gentlemen dressed in their most stylish blaze orange, lined up with shotguns on th hoods of their mobile hunting blinds.

A record new low.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
Damn that is sad. You should have called someone.
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
They are disrespectful but won't wake anyone up. Is it legal to do that on or in a cemetery?
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
Even if legal, it's poor taste. If it's varments, the cemetery should hire trappers.
Thanks given by:
(11-15-2014, 05:36 PM)Squid Wrote: Even if legal, it's poor taste.  If it's varments, the cemetery should hire trappers.

I doubt there's a law forbidding it, mostly because no one would think someone would do such a thing....but what they were doing is running deer with dogs Squid. You'll hear a lot about that.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
That's a new one on me. I've used bird dogs and even hunted pigs with dogs. I've never heard of anyone hunting deer with dogs? Is that even legal?
Thanks given by:
(11-15-2014, 05:58 PM)Squid Wrote: That's a new one on me.  I've used bird dogs and even hunted pigs with dogs.  I've never heard of anyone hunting deer with dogs?  Is that even legal?

Boy are you in for a shock.... rolling

Thanks given by:
Yes it is legal and a fine upstanding tradition that dates back to the Vikings and lief Ericson they taught the Iroquois and the Iroquois taught their southern neighbors the monacan mattaponi and pamunkey who in turn taught capt John smith who in good English fashion civilized the sport and it continued in a civilized manner until recently when the Vikings appear to have taken over the sport again and begun rampaging and pillaging their neighbors once more
Thanks given by:
67gt390fb, thank you for the clarification. It's just I've never seen or heard of it before. Everywhere I go, I learn something new.
Thanks given by:
When I first started hunting here I was nothing but a shock I believe that using dogs to hunt dear takes all the sport out if the hunt you really can't even call it hunting that's when it turns into killing I understand using dogs for hogs or mountain lions and birds but deer really people that's just being lazy sorry for the rant but that's my opinion coming from a state that's it's not legal
Thanks given by: