Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Layout Blinds
(11-19-2014, 06:59 AM)Thummy Wrote: Update

I got an email back from the guy at Roger's.  He said they got the blinds that were on sale in a bulk order at a great price which is why they could offer them at the lower price.  He did offer the one they have in stock to me at a discount, not at the sale price of the others but a good discount.  

As I said I was surprised that Roger's didn't do something and this is why...they come through and take care of their customers.  So looks like I will be getting the blind at just a bit more then the sale price on the one I ordered.  Works for me.

Since they didn't exclude Va residents in the ad, not giving it to you could have cost them $500.00 if you'd pursued it. Oops I made a mistake isn't an excuse here

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
What do you mean Peter?

What happened was they had a blind with 2 options for color tan/khaki and some other camo pattern that was regularly $259.99. It was on sale for $159.99 That is the one I ordered. It turns out that someone in the warehouse inventoried some of the tan ones as camo ones. So they over sold the camo. They were going to change my order and send me the tan one at the same price. $159.99 plus shipping.

They also had listed on their site (further down the page separate from the other one) the same blind but in a Max 5 camo. That was listed regular price $259.99 but was NOT on sale. They ended up selling me the one that was not on sale at a discounted price that worked for both sides.

Not sure what the VA residents had to do with it.
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
(11-21-2014, 11:23 AM)Thummy Wrote: What do you mean Peter?

What happened was they had a blind with 2 options for color tan/khaki and some other camo pattern that was regularly $259.99.  It was on sale for $159.99  That is the one I ordered.  It turns out that someone in the warehouse inventoried some of the tan ones as camo ones.  So they over sold the camo.  They were going to change my order and send me the tan one at the same price.  $159.99 plus shipping.

They also had listed on their site (further down the page separate from the other one) the same blind but in a Max 5 camo.  That was listed regular price $259.99 but was NOT on sale.  They ended up selling me the one that was not on sale at a discounted price that worked for both sides.  

Not sure what the VA residents had to do with it.

Va has a specific consumer protection statute. In essence, if they advertise it and don't provide it as advertised, they have to pay you five hundred bucks in civil penalty.
In your case they did the right thing it appears so it wouldn't apply. Kudo's to the company for being honest.

My lawyer has a ball with that statute.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
Tracker says the blind is out for delivery. Can't wait to get home.

My wife already thinks I am half nuts. Thinking I will set it up in the living room and lay in it to watch some TV tonight.

Thanks given by:
Well.. well.. For once I do agree with your wife??
Thanks given by:
Hopefully it sets up and takes down easy?
Thanks given by:
I watched the video on it when I was doing research on what blind I wanted to buy. Checked out a bunch in stores too. My thing was...yeah it may look good but how comfortable is it really. So I tried out a bunch in stores before I picked that one.

It doesn't seem too tough to set up and take down

Thanks given by:
Easy on the kitchen floor in day lite... Try it on uneven ground in the dark.. Real life test?
Thanks given by:
I will be messing with it plenty. Need to get it so I can do it quick and without really thinking about it.

Thanks given by: