Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elevated 4x4 Deer Blind
Looks good man. What did you use for the roof? Think rain hitting it will spook deer? If that could be an issue a simple bed liner rubber paint on the metal roof could help
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
(06-30-2015, 06:12 PM)Thummy Wrote: Looks good man.  What did you use for the roof?  Think rain hitting it will spook deer?  If that could be an issue a simple bed liner rubber paint on the metal roof could help

I plan on having it up in the next couple of weeks which should give them plenty of time to get use to it being there. 
Thanks given by:
Good deal

Thanks given by:
(06-30-2015, 07:07 PM)Thummy Wrote: Good deal

After you mentioned the potential rain noise, I went outside and its actually pretty quiet material. Its not that cheap flimsy tin that is loud. 

This is the roofing I used.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_46013-18591-GAMR...al+roofing
Thanks given by:
Is that thing about the same size as my hut Brandon? Could both of our big asses fit in it and shoot out windows? Looks freaking awesome
Thanks given by:
(06-30-2015, 06:12 PM)Thummy Wrote: Looks good man.  What did you use for the roof?  Think rain hitting it will spook deer?  If that could be an issue a simple bed liner rubber paint on the metal roof could help

I have been in the Kanzels with metal or tin roofs in the rain. The deer don't pay any attention to the rain or hail hitting a metal roof in either case.
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
(06-30-2015, 08:36 PM)Captainbeer Wrote: Is that thing about the same size as my hut Brandon?    Could both of our big asses fit in it and shoot out windows?  Looks freaking awesome

We could both fit in it if we had to. The chairs would need to be small and we would be shoulder to shoulder. It measures 4'x4' on the outside so it's 43"x43" on the inside. 
Thanks given by:
(06-30-2015, 09:16 PM)HeidelbergJaeger Wrote:

I have been in the Kanzels with metal or tin roofs in the rain. The deer don't pay any attention to the rain or hail hitting a metal roof in either case.

Just had a nasty thunderstorm roll through, went and hopped in the blind and its not loud at all. Plus it will be elevated on 4x4x8s 
Thanks given by:
Good deal. Plus I think it would drive me nuts hearing rain hitting it for hours.

Thanks given by:
(06-30-2015, 09:27 PM)Thummy Wrote: Good deal.  Plus I think it would drive me nuts hearing rain hitting it for hours.

Wait till you hear acorns or beech nuts dropping on it. That will make you go bonkers.
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by: