Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIY backpack
Mostly finished.  Test run today so far so good. The integrated yoke works well. Still need to add a sternum strap and I've decided on adding a couple gear/Compression straps on one side as well.
Thanks given by:
I've been following this Frank. I love seeing someone spend the time and effort making something to their own liking. Well done.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by: frankp
I couldn't upload the pics from my phone (too big) so here is one showing the finished (as it is) product.  Worked like a champ this morning, though I didn't have any luck.  Rides comfortably, has more than enough storage capacity for all my crap, and like I said, the yoke will work great.  I dragged my wife around the house last night with it, just to test it out.  I will be easily able to attach a sled to this and drag even a monster deer back out of the woods.  Possibly even a moderate sized bear, if it comes to that.  Pretty happy with it overall.

Thanks given by:
nice!
Thanks given by: frankp
I finally added the sternum strap and a couple of elastic straps on the side above the water bottle pocket for strapping down a jacket or something as I'm hiking in/out. The pack has about 10 miles on her now and I'm really liking it. Perfect fit for me, which is hard to find, and all the features are really working out well. Hopefully I'll get some use from the haul yoke this week. A couple days out in the woods planned and a new location for one of my stands. Walking in today to hang the stand I saw a decent sized but young buck (looked like ~ 2-2.5 year old 4 or pointer) walking directly under where I was planning to hang my stand. Maybe by next Sunday I'll be able to post about some meat, rather than just DIY stuff.
Thanks given by: