Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
got lucky
hunt a large beaver pond most of the time and for the past few years have been trying to figure out how to control the water level this time of year. Went and checked my access road with a buddy over the weekend and found the dam washed out enough that lots of exposed mud was available, made a run to SS to buy some seed and we'll see how this works. According to the game biologist millet will grow in flooded conditions it just needs enough unflooded time to germinate. I hope he is right cuz this could be freaking awesome.
Thanks given by:
That's really awesome! You just hit the jackpot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Won't that be a good duck location as well?
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
When you gonna patch the dam? Oct? I assume you want to flood it after the millet germinated
Thanks given by:
Wow talk about luck. Good deal
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
(07-19-2016, 06:26 PM)skimerhorn Wrote: When you gonna patch the dam? Oct? I assume you want to flood it after the millet germinated

thats the plan late september early oct get the damn patched enough to flood some of it back its a 12acre pond so september is probably better to give it a chance to refill, that is if mr beaver doesnt do it himself. i could see some fresh cuts near the damn but it will be a long process to get it back together even for him.

i may get a sluice gate or pipe made up once i get some measurements made. will probably go back this weekend.
Thanks given by:
(07-19-2016, 06:26 PM)HeidelbergJaeger Wrote: Won't that be a good duck location as well?

oh its a good duck location, Big Grin  i was watching woodies feed 25 yards away all morning before my halloween buck showed up. usually the ducks are roosted in the flooded timber nearby and fly high and fast over our open water i hope the addition of a good food source will get tehm to get up and drop in to eat in the am. Angel
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
I'd love to see pics when you're done!
Thanks given by: