Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer feeder
To me feeders are cool but not necessary UNLESS you putting out special pellets... that mold when wet... I mean really think about it why? Most corn is gone in a day or three and on the ground. Baiting is legit but so many do it wrong IMO. If you cant get to a spot regularly its fine to load up BUT if you can regularly replenish it easily don't. Keep the deer guessing and coming by putting out limited amounts sporadically. If its always there they will condition to coming when it's safe like night time and if its there every so often I think it keeps them trying. That's just me. I have found when its not there for a while they run to it. And lastly try corn with molasses as thats the ticket if your hunting just any deer. If your hunting old bucks stay off the corn on secondary trails as so many older bucks know whats up and stay just off it and watch. Not saying they wont eat it but this is what my experience has shown. I was lucky to have great spots where you would see 5-8 bucks a day easily and learn the older ones were a bit different. Its the little differences in what we all do that make a difference. Thats why some succeed more than others. Because they think and analyze everything not just do stuff. Think I'm nuts I'm good with that. I will say if you have a pressured place well good luck all bets are off thats tough and I would
Look elseware to hunt IF you want a trophy regularly. The best bucks I see killed are not on or near corn. Again it is a good tool but learn to hunt not on bait is best. Not saying I don't because i definitely do and am proud of my hunting. Thats my .02 Smile

GL to ya all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bucks are easy - Thats why I shoot little ones!
Thanks given by:
That is the best part. I don't keep corn out all the time. I out some out now and then. When I am going to hunt a Friday or Saturday I will have the property owner throw some out Wednesday or Thursday in the afternoon. Then I will throw some out when I get there before getting in the stand. This feeder just keeps it away from the goats. They don't go out to where my other stand is so I will just throw corn on the ground out there at random times, but the plot is going out there too.
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
I can kill deer with or without it. Since I can have stuff out why not. I shot two mature doe off it last year in MD. I only had 1 decent buck on camera last year.

Not all of us have access to property with 140+ class buck. Wish I did. Also I am hunting small properties where I let small buck walk but who knows if someone 500 yards away is.

Thanks given by:
Thats true Thummy and with your place in Md far away it mixes it up. Putting some out (just 20#) on say mon-tue then sat and hunting it is what I'm talking about. It makes them come. Killum!

I have a 16acee spot and working on a lease and can hunt a primo place when asked (not often) all in MD and that may be my "local" focus this year. May hit the parks as well but nit much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bucks are easy - Thats why I shoot little ones!
Thanks given by:
It isn't bad. I can be there in about 30 minutes depending on traffic. There are times when 2 weeks go by where there is no corn out.

Like I said the guy has 2 small goats. I needed to get the corn off the ground near the one stand. This was a cheap way to do that.

Good luck on your spots in MD

Thanks given by: